Short information about SIA "Proks Capital” CEO
Anatolijs Prohorovs, chairman of the Board of the financial investment company SIA "Proks Capital”.
Education and Science:
Major achievements in business:
- Was born and degreed high school in Riga.
- Graduated from the inter-university doctoral program at the Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA).
- Obtained PhD in Management and Business Administration.
- Theme of the doctoral thesis: "Funds attraction of Venture Capital and Informal Venture Capital. Problems and solutions”.
- Sphere of scientific interests: venture capital, small business financing, innovation development.
- Scientific articles are available by the link.
Other present positions and social work:
- The companies managed by Anatolijs Prohorovs are included in the TOP 500 of the largest companies in Latvia since 2004.
- In 2014, SIA "Proks” has secured the 98th place among the largest companies in Latvia.
- In 2014, SIA "Netto Tehnika” has secured the 130th place among the largest companies in Latvia.
- In 2014, SIA "Netto Tehnika" has reached the 1st place among the Latvian fastest-growing companies in 2011-2013 (Latvian Gazelle prize 2014)
- Member of the Council and member of the Board of over 10 companies which export goods to 25 countries in Europe and Asia.
- Council member of Chamber of Commerce Krishjana Valdemara Foundation of Latvia.
- Member of the Board of the Venture Capital Association of Latvia (LVCA).
- Founder and Chairman of the Board of association "Inovāciju atbalsta fonds”. The Foundation is engaged in the support of science and the development of projects in this field, which is aimed on improvement of corporate governance or national economy.
- An invited expert for the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia.
- Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA) lecturer.
- President of the Table Tennis Association of Latvia.